To all the waffle lovers, we’re happy to share on this #NationalWaffleDay this recipe for Chocolate Waffles. You can enjoy them right away or freeze them for a later time. Either way, these are delicious and they can be made with any type of waffle maker.
– 3.5 oz. (1/2 a 200g bag) of 55% Semi-Sweet Fairtrade Chocolate Baking Drops from Galerie au Chocolat
– 2 tbsp. of butter
– 1 cup of flour
– 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
– 2 tsp. of baking powder
– 1/4 tsp. of salt
– 3/4 cup of milk
– 1/2 cup of sour cream
– 2 beaten eggs
– 1 tsp. of vanilla
Follow the steps:
– Preheat your waffle maker.
– Put the chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and, on high intensity, melt them. This should take about 1 to 1 minute and 30 seconds. The time may vary from one microwave to another. Remove from the microwave and mix until the chocolate is fully melted and the mix is homogenous.
– In a medium to large size bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, granulated sugar, baking powder. Then add the milk, sour cream, eggs and vanilla, mix well.
– Pour in the chocolate mixture and blend well. This preparation makes 8 waffles.
– Use the waffle maker as instructed by the manufacturer.
– Serve the waffles warm and enjoy!
Serving idea: Top your waffles with fresh fruits like strawberries or blueberries. It will brighten your plate.